Wednesday 15 January 2014

DIY miniature bear charm

I found the tutorial for this awhile back and kept saying I was gonna make it but never got round to it! But now I have made it and it was harder than it looked but I managed to make one and it took me about 3 hours.

It only took me so long because of the pattern pieces. The tutorial did not come with any measurements or pattern templates to print or copy, therefore It took me awhile a long time to estimate and measure out the lengths and sizes of each body part.


As you can see, my first attempt came out a bit out of proportion. I cut the legs the same size as the arms but that ended up to be a mistake and the legs came out too short in proportion to his body :s


But the rest of the tutorial was good and understanding. The little bear fits on the palm of my hand (smaller than my palm) and I'm really happy of how he turned out. I'll keep all these facts in mind next time I make another one so that it will turn out better :)

And here is the link to the tutorial I used to make this:
http://onelmon.com/blog/2013/07/mini-felt-soft-toys/

No comments:

Post a Comment