Saturday 21 December 2013

DIY kitty frame

I drew this little ginger kitten head the other day, it was also my first ever attempt of using colouring pencils in a realism piece before I think.... (I did once used watercoloured pencils in a drawing of Lady Gaga though!) But I liked the outcome of this drawing and got a few positive comments on it ^_^ umm but of course it looked a little weird only being a kitten head and no body parts!


Soooo......


I made a cute little frame for it and stuck it up on my wall; it looks smaller in photos but its bigger in reality, it's about 18cm x 18cm aprox. 

It was so easy, quick and fun to make! Firstly, cutting out the cat head neatly then cutting out a circle on some coloured corrugated card for decorative crafts! The back plate is colour card that I cut a circle out of using a pair of patterned scissors (the scissors blades are patterned so they cut the shaped edges) and then I hand cut in some holes to make it look like lace coasters, however, the card I used was too thick and I couldn't cut much detailed patterns (I was pretty disappointed about that). The 3 layers are held together with little 3D double sided sticky foam piece so the piece creates shadow and looks 3D.

Then finished off with a little ribbon super glued on :P

I loved making this! And I think it's so cute stuck up in my wall. I think I want to make a few more now and maybe I could give some out as gifts some time ^___^

No comments:

Post a Comment